Riverside Slip and Fall Attorney
Slip and falls would be the second leading root of injuries in the United States. They account for approximately 16,000 deaths annually. More slip and falls lead to serious injuries.
Often, these injuries and deaths are the results of a dangerous or hazardous condition in another person’s property. An injury or loss of life from a fall that is caused by a hazardous condition in somebody else’s property may qualify the victim or the victim’s family to payment.
* Why Do Riverside Slip and Fall Accidents Occur? Over 70% of falls happen due to dangerous circumstances and potential risks in our surroundings. Dangerous conditions that result in slip and fall accidents often result from poor design or improper upkeep. Other sorts of dangers were created from the presence of slippery areas and products, such as places with food spillage or water leakages.
* Where exactly Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur? Slip and fall accidents occur practically in all places – in a grocery store or shopping mall; at school or in the workplace; or on a pavement.
Your slip and fall may be brought about by, for example, by a problem in flooring, which may be damp or uneven, or it could be as a result of insufficient lighting that prevents your ability to foresee a threat.
* How Can Slip and Fall Accidents in Riverside Happen? Slip and fall accidents have 2 main kinds of mechanism. In one slip and fall scenario, your front foot slips forward, making you fall backwards.
In the alternative scenario, your rear foot slides backwards, making you fall forward. A related type of accident, a trip and fall, happens whenever your foot comes into contact with an obstacle, like a bump, on your way.
The terrible impact of a slip and fall or a trip and fall accident can easily result in really serious and long term injuries. Therefore, in case you experience a slip and fall or a trip and fall, it really is in your favor that you get medical and legal aid from our firm at once.
A Property Owner’s Duty to Prevent Slip and Fall Accidents
The law requires that property owners apply sensible care in the management and maintenance of their premises and prevent exposing others to the irrational danger of injury, like a slip and fall or a trip and fall.
Therefore, property owners have an obligation to reasonably check for any unsafe conditions on their property and either to fix or provide acceptable warning of circumstances that pose a risk of trouble for other people.
The victim of a slip and fall have to show that the property owner knew or should have known of the threat that created the slip and fall accident, and that he didn’t remedy it. In the event the property owner, or any one of his personnel, created the harmful condition that caused the slip and fall injury, information about the danger could be instantly imputed to them.
However, in case the danger was made by a non-employee, such as a customer, the claimant should present that there was good enough time for the property owner to have found and fixed the harmful condition, or that the unsafe condition occurred with such frequency that the owner should have been aware of its presence.
In some instances, a property owner can have an obligation to post warnings of a danger (like “wet floor” signs), however these warnings have to be visible and effective in order to be considered as proper.
Picking the right Riverside Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall claims will often be challenging and tough to prove. To prevail, a slip and fall attorney should establish not only the existence of a harmful condition, but the property owner’s actual or constructive knowledge of that situation. Our experienced Riverside trip and fall lawyers would begin an immediate investigation, and:
* Do an onsite inspection to ascertain the harmful condition that brought about by the slip and fall accident;
* Secure evidence of the harmful condition before it “disappears”;
* Find witnesses to the slip and fall accident or with knowledge of the harmful condition;
* Find evidence of prior complaints about the harmful condition or of previous slip and fall accidents at the very same area.
Our Firm’s resourceful Riverside slip and fall lawyers would then seek the services of the appropriate specialists on safety standards to determine the applicability and violation of governmental codes and regulations, and thus establish legal responsibility on the part of the irresponsible property owner for the slip and fall. For example, if the slip and fall occurred on a defective stair case, he may engage the assistance of a structural engineer to show deviation in the height or width of the steps.
In having worked on many slip and fall claims, as well as trip and fall claims, Our Firm has developed an expertise in such cases and has secured sizeable recoveries for clients injured in slip and fall or trip and fall accidents.
We’ve got both substantial practical experience and resources to best handle your slip and fall or trip and fall case. For your totally free consultation over a slip and fall or trip and fall lawsuit, please make sure to call us or e-mail us.
What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
* Find Medical Assistance for Your Slip and Fall Injuries. If you experience a slip and fall or a trip and fall, look for fast medical attention for your injuries. In the case of serious injuries, an ambulance should be summoned for emergency transport to a hospital.
All too often, however, serious injuries suffered in a slip and fall accident may not reveal themselves for a few days or weeks, making it even more important that you be looked at by a medical professional immediately.
* Establish the Hazard That Brought about by Your Slip and Fall. Take Photos. For you to have a viable slip and fall (or trip and fall) claim, it will be important to find the dangerous condition or hazard that brought about by you to slip and fall.
Time is of the essence in saving the evidence at the site of your fall. For that reason, do what is quite needed to take photos. If you have a camera with you (your mobile phone will do), snap photographs, or ask a companion or anyone at the scene to take one.
* Report the Slip and Fall Accident. If you suffered your slip and fall injury in any kind of commercial establishment, like a shop, a supermarket, or a mall, you must report the slip and fall accident to management right there and then. It is vital to record your slip and fall accident in this manner. Incident reports have useful information about the incident, such as the date and time of the slip and fall, the names of witnesses, and the circumstances of the injuries.
Most importantly, incident reports help establish that the slip and fall accident really occurred, stopping a property owner from later claiming that the event never happened.
* Call our Reputable Riverside Trip and Fall Lawyers. Time is of the essence after a slip and fall (or a trip and fall) accident, this means you need to protect your rights by quickly getting in touch with a reliable slip and fall lawyer. A quick investigation is crucial to a successful slip and fall claim. In many cases, the danger that brought about by the slip and fall may be a temporary one (such as a liquid spill in a supermarket) and may be cleaned up quickly, eliminating vital proof for your claim.
A professional slip and fall lawyer from our office is going to begin the right steps to protect evidence, determine and locate witnesses, and help you in obtaining the necessary medical care.
We will also protect against complicated filing deadlines, which for some slip and fall claims may be as brief as six months if certain government entities are involved. Failure to meet these due dates may mean that any claim for compensation that you may have for the slip and fall injuries is lost forever.
Who’s Going To Be Responsible for Your Slip and Fall?
Property owners, operators, and managers – whether they are people or business entities – could be answerable for your slip and fall. An experienced slip and fall attorney Riverside can find the owners of any given property by checking out the correct government records, like tax rolls.
A few owners and operators who bear accountability for your slip and fall might not be as obvious. They may, for instance, include service providers – like concessionaires and janitorial companies – on the property in question.
They may include franchisors and parent corporations. And they may well include government entities. A slip and fall at a public school, for example, may put liability on a local governmental body, whereas a slip and fall at a post office would implicate the federal government.
Damages You May Recover for Going through a Slip and Fall
When your slip and fall accident in Riverside was because of carelessness by a property owner, operator, or manager, then you would be able to recover payment for:
* Pain and suffering;
* Medical expenses for past and future care;
* Lost wages; and
* Any reduction in your earning capacity.
Although punitive damages are uncommon in slip and fall cases, an experienced slip and fall attorney can recover such damages if the defendant’s actions amounted to a reckless disregard for safety – that is, if a property owner or manager egregiously ignored a known safety danger, resulting in the slip and fall.